Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

  1. Tom Tom

    Tom Tom LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,278

    ive tried that stuff in my gutters. gotta due it again. must be operator error
     
  2. RhettMan

    RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas
    Posts: 2,139

    was bored during winter season, and made this because i needed to glue something.

    20140618_200524.jpg
     
  3. WalkGood

    WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,910


    Did you ever get to fix this job? Hope you charged at least what you originally quoted!
     
  4. ArTurf

    ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark
    Posts: 3,439

    Why all the different brands? Were you doing some comparison?
     
  5. greenmonster304

    greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member
    Posts: 3,078

    I was back earlier this spring, it was still a mess. I haven't been told to fix it yet.
    Posted via Mobile Device
     
  6. mitchgo

    mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,774

    Some sort of cement wrap

    image.jpg
     
  7. mitchgo

    mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,774

    Some sort of cement wrap. Must have been like this for over 15 years

    image.jpg
     
  8. Wet_Boots

    Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 47,381

    Leakender 1985 ??
     
  9. RhettMan

    RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas
    Posts: 2,139

    Exactly, I wanted to do a test to find out the differences in how fast/hard each valve would close.

    Lost interest before i finished, maybe I'll continue during the inevitable boredom of this coming winter season.
     
  10. Sprinkus

    Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,100

    Changing a PGP to a 5500, pretty nice to find the schedule 80 swing joint but I also found an unusual piping configuration, it was just garbage left in the hole.
    Dug further and found an old Super 700 in the hole.
    Dug a little more and found an old PGP.
    Dug a bit more and found a green poly nipple.
    Exposed the pipe at the swing joint and found that the swing joint was glued to a street ell, which was threaded into a female adapter, ugh!

    junkhead 1.JPG

    junkhead2.JPG

    junkhead3.JPG

    junkhead4.JPG

    junkhead5.JPG

    junkhead6.JPG

    junkhead7.JPG

    junkhead8.JPG
     

Share This Page