Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Been there, done that. heck just last week we dug a 6' hole to get to the shut off handle and drain on an older system. The drain was not there anymore, and I couldn't see what was going on. I went head first to feel the under side of the copper tee, and the 1/2" copper piece was broken off that was leading to the drain. So I went head first, and had my employee holding my feet and pulled me out. Frickin' cramp in my calf afterwards too.

2. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

shop vac.........

3. Waterlogged

Waterlogged LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

The shoes look new also. Don't mean to be too tough but 16 hours for that hole seems a little slow. :) And after one hour if I don't find the sleeve, they pay me my hourly rate. I had one superintendent actually rent a small excavator for me, to dig my sleeves up, because his electrician put his sleeves real deep.

4. Mad Estonian

Mad Estonian LawnSite Senior Member

I know a sad tale from the oil fields, where a bit or something got stuck way down the well. They dropped some poor young guy down headfirst with a torch, but he was having trouble breathing down there, so they piped some oxygen down to him. Well, you can imagine what happened next. He survived, but was horribly burned.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. That is more shocking than the kid under the sidewalk.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

It's a marketing opportunity for you - be the first one on the block with the newer, leaner, and meaner, five-inch round valve box. :)

8. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

A 10' x 6" rectangular valve box would work good on that.

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Speaking of which, has anyone ever seen the "modular" boxes, that Rainbird (I think) was selling for a time? Pretty much straight-sided, and with a removable end (maybe both ends) ~ You could piece together a box to fit an over-long manifold set close to a house foundation.

10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Not sure what to say on this one. Not my customer. The fence had blown down due to these crazy high winds this spring, and this was at the neighbor's yard.

woww.jpg