1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

that's the WET_BOOTS TOTAL D.U. IRRIGATION PLUS pat.pending. system
  2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Just when you think you've seen it all. :dizzy:
  3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I resent having my user name associated with that abortion :mad:
  4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

didn't mean to be hurtful

eye take it back, sorry
  5. Mike Leary

Geez, I thought that was a link and we'd see his tiny little hands at last. :confused:
  6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Find a copy of Jack Nicklaus' Golf My Way and you'll find a silhouette picture of my hands :)
  7. Mike Leary

Boots gets an award for opening the most jar tops in the smallest v.b.

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I think you are giving him too much credit. He would have mounted the single sprinkler on the roof so he could hit all 4 sides of the house. :laugh:
  9. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Ya got the age correct, but that dude has too many teeth and too much hair to be boots.
  10. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Busting dirt with a "shooter" is an art. If your feeling the shovel hit the ground, your holding it way to tight. Just like using a saw, let the tool do the work. My fingers on the top of the D to guide it are all that are still holding on when the shovel "hits". On that note, finding good shovels has been harder and harder. I haven't seen a good square "sod" spade in more than 5 years. We used to be able to get them from Nursery suppliers. All metal except for the top of the "D" handle and weighed about 12-15 pounds. I could get "shooters" like the one with the label in the picture almost as heavy 15 years ago too.

Now, about the picture. If the pic is real, then the guy in the picture didn't do the digging. I worked for a guy in DFW who carried a shooter like that. Every time the label got scuffed or torn, he gave it to whoever needed a new one and got a nother pretty one for himself. How many irrigators do you know who work in shorts, tennis shoes and crew socks? I don't have a problem with shorts, esp not in TX, but you don't dig in tennis shoes and you don't work that type of site in crew socks even if your in tennis shoes. How "full" must those shoes get just walking around on that ground??