Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

not an irrigation hack so much as a cable guy hack. I dont think that sch 80 plastic nipple is such a good grounding point.

photo(67).jpg

photo(68).jpg

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Nibco boiler drains, the hallmark of quality.

4. Autoflow

Autoflow LawnSite Member

At a job today in one of Sydney's water front (and one of the most expensive) suburbs. I heard one of the owners say she paid 10 mil for hers. It has small planter boxes outside some windows which are above the corners of bedrooms in lower apartments. I was asked to service it and when I turned on a station I had someone come running out saying there is water coming through his ceiling! After doing some investigations, this is what I found.

It goes from copper into dripline then back into copper to the next planter box. There is no PRV so it was leaking all over the place. I fixed this box but have requested permission to continue on and explain the situation as I had not quoted on doing this part.

duct tape Rose Bay (Small).JPG

Duct tape Rose Bay2 (Small).JPG

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Grrrr..... Arggggg........
    System also has 26 Toro Flow Pro valves. Grrrrrr.......

toroclocks.jpg

6. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

I get nausea just looking at those clocks. The frustration with those knobs is unbearable.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Those are old dog clocks, rip 'em out.

8. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

I have a Vision....let's make a controller with knobs....lots of knobs...and sliders...yeah...sliders...and it'll be easy for anyone, who isn't tired or doesn't have the shakes, to set......:rolleyes:

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

You guys do realize there is a third controller up there, right?
    Crappy system. Giving them an ultimatum. Upgrade, or please find another contractor. 26 zones, but maybe half of them are working. And the ones that work, don't work well. I think there is still one or two Flow Pros that are seeping.

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like a cash cow to me. Maybe you are right ..... you aren't cut out for this line of work. :dizzy: