Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I'm afraid if I learned how, I'd become another Kiril. :cry:

2. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

I never know which bi-polar version of Kiril is going to show up here on LS. Service the system? Cash Cow? But anything installed like that isn't sustainable! Not even with an unsustainable cash flow. It's a cobbled POS and flo-pros too? First HO that couldn't make the payments took the cheap. Second HO that still couldn't make the payments didn't maintain it. FORECLOSURE HO is a cash cow? Well, I did good a good laugh reading this :)

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

WOW .... nice way to take my posts out of context Bic. :hammerhead:

4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Plenty of decent systems to work on. Yes a total POS system may be a cash cow, but most are not enjoyable to work on.12-13-14 hr days in a seasonal area are quite common , and too long of days to spend pissed off.

5. Cleaning poison ivy out of an acre of asian jasmine is a cash cow too.

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

If all the systems were top of the line installs, there wouldn't hardly be anything to do. You are in the service business after all ... and by nature you will be working on POS systems the vast majority of the time. So what do you do when you see a POS system ..... give the client an ultimatum? What a load of bullshiit. If a contractor gave me an ultimatum, I would tell him to go f**k himself and show him the door. In a business where word of mouth and reputation is everything .... do you think it is a good idea to be handing out ultimatums to clients?

If you are going to get pissed off at every POS system you work on, then you are going to spend your work life pissed off. If that is the case .... then I point you to my initial comment ..... maybe Dana is right, and he isn't cut out for this line of work.

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

When it comes to craptastic systems, you still want to be in sync with homeowners on a plan to bring a system up to date. Some are going to be too cheap to ever make up their minds to improve a system.

8. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

i am in 100% agreement with you on this point.

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I can (reluctantly) go along with keeping a system continuing to be functional, and not a whole lot more, as long as the backflow protection is up to code. That lets me off the worst of the worst.

10. I focus on the system first and the backflow last.