Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I make it a simple base requirement to obtain my experience at repairs and upgrades. Also, I have no desire whatsoever to be connected to one of those "backflow events" you can read about.

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

SO glad I found the ignore button last year. I'd be in a bad mood right now if I could read every reply :)

1%ers, right Mikey?

3. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

To quote the J. Geils Band: "First I look at the purse".

If the HO can afford it, we go for the full upgrade package. If not, we do it a bit at a time. Just finished changing over an all-Toro system to all-Rainbird, from controls to heads, got paid as the last heads were being adjusted.

Another HO who had her pump and controller replaced last month for just under $1000 is scheduled for valve replacement this month. In May, we'll start going through and replacing the heads.

4. Wet_Boots

I'm always mildly astonished that homeowners with a half-million or so worth of house and land are too stingy to spend a couple hundred to bring the plumbing up to code.

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

You mean you actually can be in a good mood? I am happy you found the ignore button too ... now if you could just find the stop whining and crying button.

Exactly! I have stretched some jobs over many years to accommodate the client. I don't give bullshiit ultimatums like a 6 year old just because I don't like their current system.

6. I got stuck on mildly astonished. How is one mildly astonished? Is that similar to being intensely unsurprised?

7. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

semi bonless ham

8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

A lot of them are house poor and have less cash in their pocket then you.

9. Wet_Boots

I remember customers in new developments with homes almost completely empty, but still ordering up enough landscaping to keep up with the Jones.

10. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

They answer the door , you say hello , and it echoes.