1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I say we hold an election over what is proper backflow protection, and we use a butterfly ballot :)

2. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks for reminding me I need to sell my Midwest 845. Maybe the snow blower guy will trade?

Miss doing test...kinda.

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Are you going to let your ticket expire, Mike?

4. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

Got another year. So, not thinking about it yet. But haven't done a test in ages.

5. zman9119

zman9119 LawnSite Senior Member

And that is why Illinois has a 11 billion dollar deficit this budget year... Yeaaaah dumbasses!!!

6. Mike Leary

Guess who's to blame? (Thanks, Peter)

Will-Jose-get-layed-off-.jpg

7. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

got a call from a friend of my sons last night, he has an aereating business in sac. and after pulling plugs he turned a system on (SOP he says) and nothing happened (he cycled the system during the sales pitch, which is also SOP)

does he have a meter? no.

does he have a nine vlt battery? no.

does the clock have power? yes.

what does he want? tell me what to do.

i gave him contact info for castle555 since he's near him.

it's prolly a good chance that they compromised the common but without a resistance measurement it's hard to tell. :rolleyes:

as many suggest on here, i gave him the best advice i could HIRE A FRIGGIN PRO! :hammerhead:

8. Mike Leary

Aerators can be dangerous to us, especially the large core variety. :cry:

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I have an especial fondness for install customers who manage to forget that they were told that sprinklers have to be flagged before the steel hits the turf, and then phone you to say the system isn't working right, and it's covered under the guarantee, right? :realmad:

10. Mike Leary

My fondness extends to "installers" who bury the wires on top of the main line.:hammerhead: