Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Irri-Light

Irri-Light LawnSite Member

Sloppy primer is a pet peeve of mine.
  2. Better to prime sloppily complete than not to prime at all. Excess primer I don't worry about. Dirty primer and excess glue I do.
  3. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Leak was at this tee.
    Notice the lack of any primer. Doesn't look like any glue on the pipe either.

4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

But if the inspectors can't see it .... then it must not be primed. :laugh:
  5. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like the work of one of my ex-employees. Refused to use primer or glue both the pipe and fitting. I refused to continue paying him so he started his own company. I make a lot of repair money off that dude!
  6. Irri-Light

Good point!

I guess I will need to make sure a few extra drops are visible somewhere on the joint.
  7. Irri-Light

There was a contractor that installed some irrigation for the city I worked for long ago.

He killed two birds with one stone. He mixed primer and glue in the same can.
  8. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

That is stupidity but you don't need primer. I've seen more leaks at glue joints because of too much primer than not any.
  9. Inspired

Inspired LawnSite Senior Member

I've honestly not heard of that. How so? Burn through or something?
  10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

The only time I've seen pipe melted is when there was primer or glue sitting inside the pipe, pooled up. That is just excessive glue or primer, caused by inexperience workers, or hacks and pikers.