1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Try and get that through anyone who knows about RPs: if a check goes bad, that relief valve is designed to spew. And spew it will until someone discovers it, which is the reason all RP reliefs should not only have an air gap, but go into piping (1/4" per foot drop) to daylight, not to drainage or a sump.
  2. Shouldn't there a giant underground tank to catch all this spewing water that sets off a siren and red light alarm on top of the house?
  3. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah rp's need the proper drainage.. So like if the box is on high ground and can drain out a few feet below into the daylight it's completely fine.

Hotboxes for rp's are great.. I just wish they looked a little cooler
  4. Mike Leary

A lot of purveyors will let you get away with a sloped concrete pad for the relief to drain. I've used these:

5. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

hey that's better then the hint yellow cases
  6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Since when??
  7. Mike Leary

Lighten up, Jack, a little humor. :laugh:
  8. cut level

cut level LawnSite Senior Member

Y'all know Phish sucks, dirty ass front man Trey, and fishman wears a dress!

Grateful Dead is good music

Seen Phish once. But ihave seen bout 80 Widespread Panic shows. Really like their music. I guess i stopped going to the shows when i got married. Sill listen to em all the time just don't have time nor need to go anymore like i did in my younger less responsible single days!

Just gigging yall on the Phish sucks thing everybody has an opinion i haven't listened to the enough to say they suck.

I used to enjoy the time in the lot before and after the shows as much as the shows! My favorite places i have seen Panic is Mud Island in Memphis, The Fabulous Fox Theatre in
    STL, Red Rocks, and The Ryman Auditorium in Nashville. Oh those days........... Glad i grew up!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

I remember a show or rather a parking lot, in silver springs early mabey mid 80's coulden't get my head lights to shut off, I stumbled around for what seemed days looking for a pair of pliers or a adjustable someone shouted I dont have a adjustable but I have a left handed monkey wrench. But then I coulden't find my car spent forever looking for the dude who lent me the wrench I don't even remember if I made it to the show all I remember is the field of cars and vans then their was a show in Md. ah never mind........
  10. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

"I left my brain, da da doo dee doo, in San Francisco...."