Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Fireguy97

Fireguy97 LawnSite Senior Member

Is it normal back east to leave both shut off's at full close over the winter?

2. Inspired

Inspired LawnSite Senior Member

Oh wow. Is that a sewer lift station? Pile "o" Crap for sure, Boots.
  3. zman9119

zman9119 LawnSite Senior Member

A national bank branch that I had to blow out. Idiot installers...

4. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

well considering that the water was still on at the meter they had to be closed. that pit is pretty deep so it probably wont freeze. This is not a system I work on. the other day I was helping my friend who does back flow testing and other related back flow stuff. He was hired by a company that owns a lot of shopping centers on LI to go around and document all the shut offs valves, back flows, and fix any thing that is @!#$ up. I guess with all the remodeling of buildings when the stores change things can get screwed up.
  5. Fireguy97

Nice place for a rain sensor! Class act!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

you don't want them to get wet, you know :)
  7. Fireguy97

Or wear out those expensive felt tabs.

8. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

Surprised that concrete doesn't have a stress crack where the poly is in the concrete.

Hell...who needs a sleeve if you plan ahead.
  9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i have never seen so much crap as you guys have posted, i mean, i have to work behind some hacks, specifically one that is not in business anymore because of this crap work(did not take too long before word got out he put in a very lousy system) but not of this magitude!

i do however have a contract with a new pizza hut that i went to start up the system in spring, and found all what shouild have been 3 zones were never separated with vavles and wiring, so nothing would pop up. it was a rotor zone, a spray zone and a drip zone all watering together!!hahahahha.

needless to say i still had to winterize it and with that flow it was really easy to see the mistakes in installing as nothing popped up with water but sure did with the compressor!

i am awaiting approval to fix it all while they are trying to hold the general contractor liable(i think it is too late now after 3 years) and have the original contractor fix it.
  10. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

is that a dog on the first pic upper right>?:confused:

you have an irrigation buddy to help dig:laugh: