1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

aint that the truth.

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

Not the irrigation contractor, the deck builder.

3. Do you think those were hand dug or augured?

In all fairness the post has to go where the post has to go.
  4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

100% hand dug.

True, but the concrete does not have to extend 2' from the post, and if for some reason it did, any professional contractor would have moved the pipe.
  6. I agree with that. The mentality they used was get it done and get out. It does appear to be hand dug. With an auger I'd be more forgiving.
  7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

If the clowns would at least let us or the HO know that they damaged it, it's not a big deal. But when the water undermines the concrete supporting the deck, then I have a real problem. Man up, tell us it may be broken, and let us fix it before it runs for a few weeks and causes problems.
  8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Any "professional" contractor wouldn't have backfilled against the post either. I would rather see a flared bottom on a deck support than the alternative. That said, the pipe should have been moved IMO.

And now for the real hacker photo. An irrigation contractor with $$$$$ of parts on the truck can't come up with 4 1" 90's. Well it took 15yrs (age of the house and system) for this to happen so I think I'm okay.

10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Fence builders are one of biggest $$$$ makers we have. Thumbs Up