Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

team work....

2. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

I have lots of problems with squirrels chewing trough vb covers to eat the wires off the solenoid(s). There are a couple of sites where I replace 2 - 3 vb covers a year to stay ahead of them.

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

They chew through the covers? Damn. Our rodents just burrow from underneath. I replace a few solenoids a year due to the critters as well.

4. I've seen that too. I've also seen them sharpen their teeth on 1804s and a few other plastic popups including nozzles a few times.

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I had one system of Toro 570 hipops in a shrub bed that had all the caps gnawed through

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, look what I found in a meter pit!

[​IMG]

7. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I've had drip pipe, spray head nozzles, rain sensor wires and the top cap, microsprays, and emitters all chewed by critters.

9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Moles don't give many problems other than follow my nice water-backfilled trenches and deposit the "spoils" in the valve boxes. It's beautiful soil, and I don't think they've ever chewed my wires. Don't pick up a young mole that you think you're going to help out of the box, by the way. My thumb still hurts! :cry:

10. Porcupines do the drip damage here.