Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I remembered Murray clamps as having bought Keystone clamps. It looks like, from their webpage, that they're ready to pick up any slack, if Oetiker falls off in quality.

For the youths in the audience, Oetiker was by and large the only game in town for as long as their patents were in effect. Keystone clamps looked similar, but there was no dimple in the raised portion you crimped, as the dimple was patented by Oetiker. Keystones were crimped with a special tool that pushed a sort of anvil at the flat on the crimp area, while the usual crimping was happening.

2. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

"Have it your way ........"

Been like this the last 2 or 3 years.

0817111331a.jpg

0817111331.jpg

3. Wet_Boots

Would you buy burgers from a place with such crappy sprinkler work?

4. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

I finally have an addition. Since I don't do much service work its rare for me to encounter things in the field... today was that day. This is the model home of a rather large strip builder.... model of quality I'd say.

IMG_1663.jpg

5. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

HAHAHA that is classic. I usually get this a few years after an install and the H/O does their own "landscaping." They call complaining about dead spots and how it is my fault.

6. What's the fix without adding a zone? Several different ways to skin this cat. Just get ready to be called a piker.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I would move the rotors outside the beds, and add a drip zone in the beds. Remember he said it was a model, and if it isnt perfect expect 10000 trips back to the site. Oh yeah, and the home builder wants it done for $50... good luck.

Hopefully there is a bed zone nearby with similar hydro-zoning and some gpm left that he can tie into.

8. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Senior Member

12" rotors gets the job done. not ideal, but in service we can't always rebuild the whole system.

9. Wet_Boots

I would be trading in the standard rotors for hi-pops.

10. I'm in the move the rotors outside the bed and add. 5 gph 6" spacing drip inside the bed camp. Never liked just making the heads popup higher because that ends up being a temporary fix.
    Posted via Mobile Device