Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

jimmy hoffa's buried in a motor home?

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

3. Autoflow

Autoflow LawnSite Member

I never come across inspectors here in Sydney, but during our strict water restrictions there were heaps of "Water Restrictions officers" - mainly obese middle aged men who would drive around fining people $220 if they were caught using sprinklers, or watering at the wrong time. Two of them rocked up at one of my clients at 2am with a torch when the system was running and found a shrubbler under a Rose that was slightly trickling instead of dripping. They came back at 8am to fine her. She protested and explained how she had spent a lot of money converting it from sprinklers to drip and how she also had a rain sensor installed. I met with the officers later that day and one of them pointed to a shrub head on a 1/2" sch 80 riser and asked if it was the rain sensor.:hammerhead:

His partner facepalmed while I gave him a spray about not even knowing what a sprinkler was or what a rain sensor looked like.
    I had a few dramas with the clowns over the years and would have loved to bury a few of them.

4. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

No inspectors here and licisenses are a new concept. I actually wasnt even called to fix this, the entrance monument had 3 broken pipes that no one knew what happened on. Of couse I found it interesting that there was a brand new marketing sign 3' from where the shattered pr200 pipes were. And of course I didnt have ANY 3/4" pr200 on the truck, to be honest i didnt know it existed. I'm more of a 1.25" sch40 man myself. Oddly enough did you know that 3/4" pr200 is more $ than 1"????

5. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Here's an interesting conglomeration that I had to repair the other day. Notice the caulk that the HO put on there to try to stop the leak.

IMG_3439.jpg

IMG_3440.jpg

IMG_3442.jpg

6. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

It's been so dry out here that the squirrels are chewing through the drip tubing and even nozzles/shrub adapters to try to get some water.

IMG_3450.JPG

IMG_3452.JPG

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I had heard that any kind of poly was asking for it in desert climates....

8. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

i think one of Boots' understudies has migrated east.

photo(111).jpg

photo(112).jpg

photo(113).jpg

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I have photos of a couple double-deckers like that. Will post later.

10. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

Sep07_11_01.jpg

Sorry, no "before" pic!

Sep07_11_01.jpg