Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Back off on the N ..... Jeez!

2. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

I'm not complaining.

It makes a dang nice pic to put on my website and to use in my brochures.
    I will admit that taking 6 Walker hoppers off of there per mow did suck at times.

3. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

One word, MULCH

4. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

just a little background. many years ago we installed a monument for a new development, at the time it was JUST the monument, road wasn't' finished, model not built but the HAD to have that monument in/landscaped/watered. we did it, I installed the lower pro-c clock and the above rain sensor. Years go by, we were never called back to finish... got a call from the management company needing irrigation service up I go. Well what's happened is contractor 2 (hopefully in order to make a $) installed a 2nd proc on top of mine, BUT shared my backflow!!!! Well of course nothing was working right because both were running @ same time and he totally butchered my rain sensor to work on both by wiring to the commons. So now there is 1 clock, my originally system only had 3 zones and he had 4 plenty of room in the proc

He also installed another clock up the road, who can name the wiring problem the fastest?

irrigation fun1.jpg

irrigation fun2.jpg

irrigation fun3.jpg

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Jumper is still in place for the sensor.
    What do I win?

6. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

I see that more than you would expect
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Jumper still in place. I'm beginning to think that that's the scumbag irrigator's way of getting an extra service call.
    I recently worked on one where the service tech hooked the wireless rain sensor power wires into the 110 pigtail. :rolleyes:

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I've seen it too, good way to fry a clock.

9. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

This is pretty common for me too.

Also see alot of idiots not hooking up the provided green ground wire with the external transformer on the terminal marked ground on the pro-c

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Jumper wire is usually the same color. WTF is romex doing in the low voltage compartment?