Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

At least there are unions
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Sweet :dizzy:, I'd bet the DCVA was never tested. Looks like W*M valves, though.:clapping:
  3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Damn .... what was AI doing in TX.
  4. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

Look at all that wasted space - I coulda fit at least 4 more valves in there...
  5. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I dont put backflows in valves boxes. I put em next to the house with the handles and test kocks facing OUT , like all professionals.
  6. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

I'm surprised no one suggested to just simply turn the test co ck with some channel locks. I do this all the time in boxes to get easier access
  7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

So do I. You can even turn the ball valves on most PVBs so they face out if in the rare instance you need the PVB to mount the opposite direction. I will occasionally even turn the first BV on a febco 825Y RP so that the TC points down, so that it can drain, if the original installer did not install a drain at this point.
  8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Kirl thinks thats too much work.
  9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Would that be like how all professionals use type L or K copper on their backflow installs?

Kiril thinks it is not necessary if there is enough clearance. Do you cry when you see a backflow where the handles aren't in the exact position you want them to be?
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  10. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I dont cry at all . I laugh ....... at your work.