Hall of hacks & pikers Photo's please.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Buck_wheat, Oct 29, 2010.

1. tailboardtech

tailboardtech LawnSite Senior Member

not exactly irrigation, but they put a household expansion tank in the ground and it froze and busted :nono:

IMG00025-20100506-1043.jpg

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

did they do that for water hammer? what the hell?

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

One of my favorite "Hall of Shame" pics. Note the creative, money-saving technique of using the poly for conduit (which we cut through later on during the re-do). What started this excavation? Multiple breaks and cracks in the "manifold". :hammerhead:

DSCN1218.jpg

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Nothing wrong with that job in my book :)
    Easy to work on. Lots of job security.

5. Mike Leary

You were not the one to laboriously excavate that hell hole. (I supervised).:)

6. What's on that swing joint on the end? I'm betting a QC but it could be a brass popup.

7. Mike Leary

Yup, it's a q.c., removed and p.o.c. re-built like the rest of the 28 zone crappy system. Dana is right, though; without schlocks, we'd not have a 30K service call. :clapping:

8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Hmmmm...... the hole for that "manifold" looks about the right size for a coffin.

9. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

That's the creature that lives down that hole! :laugh:

10. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

Entrance to a Taco Bell. Valvebox higher than curb. First snowplow of season, that box will be ripped up and tossed back 10 feet.

Note the exposed wire connections (wire too short to go in box), regular non-grease wirenuts fell off. Not in picture, PVC pipe exposed at surface.