Halloween Hazard

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mr_Marc, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Mr_Marc

Mr_Marc LawnSite Member

While Halloween is a great holiday, I hate the darn ornaments people put in their yard. While just today I ran over Frankenstein’s head 2nd time at the same account in two years.
    Last week it was a pink flamingo it was real windy and the thing blew in my path at the last moment. O well now it’s a shredded pink flamingo. I think Frankenstein looks better now also! Next year extra 5% added for October and Christmas invoice for ornamental hazard pay. LOL

2. Some of mine now have their yard decorations out.(PITA) What gets me the most though is the political signs going up now. Got a corner lot that has seven polictical ads. (3 from same candidate):angry:

3. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Signs sign signs....I hate them.

I have two commercial lots that I keep mowed and they are right along a road which gets lots of traffic. The builders, and yard salers seem to think that they have the right to place signs on this prop, and then I have to weed eat around them, and often run over the remains when they fall down. The worst is the remains of the wire frame signs (what a dangerous mess when the blade hits these).
    I dont know what is worse...taking time to remove them or weed-eating around them.:dizzy:

4. Hoosier Mower

Hoosier Mower LawnSite Member

I hear you guys! I have one yard that damn near looks like a real cementery with all of the decorations and then about 7-12 that has like 20 political signs! Thinking of adding an additional charge this time of the year for all of the obsticles!

5. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

The couple of miles of medians we do alway have those wire frame signs. Mowing, carpet shampooing, moving and weight loss signs. I pull them up while riding the Turf Tiger. The mowing signs get put out behind me and they think they'll get credit for the work we do. I look at it as a waste of their money, cause I'm not leaving any signs behind.

6. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i know what you mean. i hate the call before you dig signs. you cant line trim them, and you really shouldnt move them. I also do a property that is near ames. they put up going out of business sale signs every weekend. every weekend i just rip them out and throw them out.

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Signs, signs, everywhere signs. Blockin' up the scenery, breakin' my mind. Do this, don't do that, can't you read the signs?:p

9. Figured you had to be well over 40 to know those words;)

Mr Marc
    Can you add a fee for the artisic improvement to Frankentein?

10. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm 29 and have known it over half my life. and i don't mean the tesla remake from around 1990 either!

one man accoustical band!