1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Halloween marketing idea

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BAMARED, Oct 21, 2002.

1. KenGreenPro

KenGreenPro LawnSite Member

I told my wife about this idea and she pretty much agreed with you Guido....And she was even LESS impressed when I imformed her of my idea of introducing a new holloween chocalate bar for advertising purposes.....the wrapper would have a picture of her sitting on a broom wearing a witches hat and a GreenPro T-shirt.........

she was not impressed....

Ken
    GreenPro

2. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

My ex-wife used to put a piece or two of candy in those little wax bags and put address labels on it. We had a few people thank us because it made them feel at ease that the candy was not contaminated, because who would be dumb enuf to put calling card on bad candy.

i can not see any reason a label could not have the business name as opposed to Mr. or Ms. Jones.

jf

3. Darb

Darb LawnSite Member

Ha Ha... Ken is sleeping on the couch tonight:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

4. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh Ken, you've gone and done it again. I thought you were a quick learner.:)

5. KenGreenPro

KenGreenPro LawnSite Member

Lanelle,

Fortunately, she's not aware of this site...YET..

:)

Ken

6. Got Grass?

Got Grass? LawnSite Senior Member

Business cards w/ the candy I also think is quite tacky...
    Your giving the candy & cards to the kids, not the parrents... Odviously thoes kids dont make the decision as to tho mows the lawn. Just like how I hate thoes people who give out political fliers to little kids at parades... The kids cant vote, & will most likely toss em on the ground.
    The idea of adress lables to seal the candy bag I think is great.

7. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

I can probably 'fix' that for you :D ---but I will refrain.