Halp!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by IllusiveDesire, Jul 9, 2009.

1. IllusiveDesire

IllusiveDesire LawnSite Member

Hello everyone! First post and undoubtedly the same old story you guys deal with everyday, but I am 18 and really want to start my own company. I have experience (worked for a large company for several months, and had to leave due to personal issues; plus I really enjoy mowing and I was just the weed whipper). I know how to operate the equipment and have an idea of what I need; two mowers (1 wb 1r/a), 1-2 whippers; edger; backpack; trailer; etc.

I need some suggestions on what to do. I have several people I know that would hire me, but competition in this area is tough. I can't get bigger without getting better equipment. I do not want to join another company because I don't want to start at the bottom again.

I also do not want to fail and be thousands of dollars in debt. I am going to college and have those expenses as well; the perfect scenario would have my lawn operation helping me with school.

How should I do this? I really enjoy lawn care but do not want to ruin myself financially. Halp!

2. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Halp???????????

3. IllusiveDesire

IllusiveDesire LawnSite Member

Internet slang for help?

4. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

Find the least expensive service you can make the most money with then work your way up. Example... spreading pinestraw only involves a truck and maybe a trailer no tools. Or buy a push mower and target only super small lots

5. AVLC

AVLC LawnSite Member

do you have any equipment so far do you have a truck yet and do you have any savings how much?

6. honeydopm

honeydopm LawnSite Senior Member

Dictionary??