Hand controls

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by SouthernLandworks, Jun 27, 2008.

1. SouthernLandworks

SouthernLandworks LawnSite Member

Ran my first all hand controlled skid today. It was a Cat 262. I have to say that it is an extreme step up from foot controls. I was very suprised at how much easier and smoother the machine ran without having to use your feet other than the throttle. Seemed like it would be a more efficient machine to operate on grading jobs because I felt like I had more control and it was more precise.
    Hands down it was one of the smoothest machines that I've ever operated.
    I feel that when I purchase one I'll get one a little bit bigger although this one had plenty of power.

2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

thats the way i felt when i ran my first all hand controls machine... a case 420ct with just over 400 hours

3. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I love my Cat... I will never even run another bobcat. Foot controls are work... hand controls is relaxing.

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

thats the way i feel about the case i ran you could stretch your legs out instead of having to keep them on the pedals!! and like you said the hand controls are alot more relaxing!!

5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Same here, I really look forward to jobs that have constant loader movements, like truck loading and I sure as hell don't miss the irritating chest pains from the Bobcat levers anymore!!

6. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

you guys make me want to cry!!!! i would kill to have piot controls in my deere. ive gottten use to the h/f controls now and im not sure if hands only is that muc better when they are still linkage

7. bobcat_ron

Pilot controls have made my sex life last twice as long! [​IMG]

8. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

wow man thats not something i want to think about.

9. bobcat_ron

Giggity, giggity, giggity.

10. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Your wrists are that much stronger?