Hand held Blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TOP-NOTCHLAWNCARE, Jan 7, 2003.

from NJ

I'm looking for input on hand held blowers, I have a RedMax backpack now, but I want to save my shoulder. I am looking for the most powerful hand held out there. If any one has any suggestions on a model they have or have used please pass on the much needed information. :blob3:
  2. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Tighten the straps on your back pack. It'll probably be less stress than the hend held IMHO.

3. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

the handheld will wear you out worse than the backpack ,if you have to blow over about 10 mins.the handheld is handy for grassclippings but thats about it.i have echo for both.
  4. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

Last year I had no money left over from buying new lawnmowers so I was unable to buy a backpack blower till after the season was over. I knew I needed one since I have been useing a handheld for the past couple of years. The handhelds kill your shoulder much faster than a backpacks does. The handheld gives ONE arm more focused vibration than a backpack does. Redmax blowers do have decent straps compared to some models. For instance i have an echo pb-650, awsume blower but the straps are soooo thin. I have a poulan pro from lowes with wide straps, ( i work at home depot don't tell anyone that i bought it there!) I want to switch the straps! There is no way your gonna be more comfortable with a handheld blower not even electric! If the backpack really bothers your back you might want to look into a walkbehind blower!
    Also Fradan makes straps that has a strap that goes accross your chest to lessen the load on the sholders.
  5. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

The only time I use my handheld is for a small area when I don't want the hassle of getting into and out of the backpack's harness.
  6. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I have found the Echo PB 210 E to be the best balanced hand blower. The case has straight sides so its easyier to use.

7. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

go to sears an get the 25 cc handheld craftsman. use good gas and stihl or echo 50-1 . if u are worried about image ,paint it orange or white or somethin. either way u still will have the best handheld. then after 3 yrs of steady use
    buy another one for a hundred bucks.
    i finally killed one recently after 3 yrs use.
  9. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I did almost the same thing, but a homelite got it on sale 59.99, been going 2 years, works good for just clippings, I have a cub comm BB-60 and a fradan back pack for the big jobs, Mentioned above about the fradan chest strap, mine fits more around the waist, there a good blower, a little heavier, but cheap.
  10. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Echo PB 2100, before I bought my backpack blower this past fall I thought that the handheld had a good amount of power, well that changed when I got the backpack.
    The 2100 series is a great handheld blower to save your back, its light enough but also has plenty of power for a handheld.