Hand held blowers Echo vs Stihl

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by ecrew, Mar 24, 2010.

1. ecrew

ecrew LawnSite Member

Hi, I am in a market buying a handheld blower, now I am narrowing down to Echo pb250 (5 yrs warranty), and BG55 (2 yrs) warranty. any suggestions between the two? This is for home use only, I know the Stihl can purchase w/additional vac attachement.
  2. graygoose12

graygoose12 LawnSite Member

I wouldn't go with either. Redmax is the way to go. Best quality equipment on the market, for professionals or just around your house. You won't have to replace it anytime soon.
  3. sharkey

sharkey LawnSite Member
    from Pa

I like the Echo. I use ours alot and have not had any problems with it.
  4. morgaj1

morgaj1 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a Stihl BG55 a couple of years ago and ended up returning it. It was extremely hard to start, which irritated me. I may have gotten a bad one, but I did not like it. I bought an Echo ES-210 and absolutely loved it. That handheld blower would not quit. It was easy to start and ran like a champ. I sold it when I bought my backpack blower and now I regret selling it. I wish I still had it.
  5. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I have a bg55 good blower. But it is getting retired this wekend by a new redmax 7001
  6. kmzlawncare

kmzlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

We use all echo and they work GREAT easy to start and we have had no problem at all and I have a great dealer.
  7. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

redmax is deff..the best...just upgraded everything from echo to redmax..best decisio i ever made
  8. tigerfan88

tigerfan88 LawnSite Member
    from SC

don't worry about warranties, just buy from a reputable, competent dealer. stay away from lowes/home depot/tractor supply, etc!
  9. tigerfan88

tigerfan88 LawnSite Member
    from SC

and how many threads are you gonna start on this subject?
  10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I have a BG85, though it doesnt start on the first pull like my BR600 it is over 5 years old and has never failed to start on 2-3 pulls after prime and choke. I use the gutter cleaning pipe to keep my gutters clean...its a great setup. This machine stays in the garage for quick cleanup of leaves and or grass clipping when I dont feel like using the BR600. It is also a great machine for rolling the edge of pine straw after install.