Hand held blowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassmannj, Mar 10, 2007.

1. grassmannj

grassmannj LawnSite Member

I just recently purchased my second redmax as i was useing it last week to blow snow i reagravated my slipped disk in my back,: and have been in pain ever since.
    so my question is , is there a hand held blower out there as powerful as a redmax (eb7001)?

2. dubblet125

dubblet125 LawnSite Member

no not even close you'll get the same mph but no where near the cfm which is really what you need

3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

the closest thing you can buy in hand blowers is the sthil bg 85. by far the most powerfull hand blower

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Yes I agree they are pretty darn good....

5. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I prefer to use handheld blowers for mowing there easier to use, just grab and go where with a backpack you have to start it and then strap it on and then carry the heavy thing just to blow off a driveway and some sidewalks. I use Echo's PB230LN 365cfm 265mph handhelds for mowing and they have more than enough power for most things except fall cleanups. You will need big backpack blowers for cleanups but for everyday my Echo handhelds handle everything we need.

6. nriddle77

nriddle77 LawnSite Senior Member

Handheld blowers don't compare to backpack blowers as far as power. They do however weigh less and use less fuel. I like to have both so I can use them as needed.

7. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah you need to have both and I do but only use backpacks for cleanups in spring & fall the rest of the time we use handhelds unless its a very large property.

8. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have lower back pain using a handheld may not help. Holding the weight at the end of one arm will stress your back more than wearing it evenly distributed on your back. Using a handheld is much more fatiguing than using a backpack.

9. grassmannj

grassmannj LawnSite Member

My back pain is upper from shoulder blade and my first three disks. Thanks for your imput.

10. Godfather

Godfather LawnSite Member

the stihl bg-85 hand held is the best if you can get one without the catalytic exaust garbage.