Hand held computers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by leeslawncare, Dec 17, 2000.

1. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Who has these hand held pc's.?do you like them what are some of the functions you use them for ?what kinda programs to you have on them?thinking about getting one.seem much better that a pocket calender.
  2. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Guess none of you guys have these?haven't had any post yet.
  3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

If you do a search on palm pilots, or palm organizers you will find info on them.I found the thread on palm pilots, but do not know how to get a link to give you.

4. Bill Crawford

Bill Crawford LawnSite Member

5. chrisbolte

chrisbolte LawnSite Member

I have a palm. It works great and I believe it will be a great asset next spring. I us it mainly for customers phone numbers but the email function is nice also.
  6. greenlawncare

greenlawncare LawnSite Member

Palm 100. Super cheap, super easy to use. Works with my desktop database.
  7. Stonewall

Stonewall LawnSite Senior Member

What database do you use?
  8. greenlawncare

greenlawncare LawnSite Member

I guess I mean, software not database, or both.??? LM 2001.
  9. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have used a Palm IIIx for the last two years. Just recently upgraded to a Palm IIIc. Won't leave home without it. I use it to keep track of maintenance on my equipment and truck. Keep a parts list of commonly used parts so all I have to do if something breaks is call dealer, ask if they have part # in stock and have it waiting on counter when I get there. I also have a spreadsheet program to keep track of gas usage, both truck and equipment. Real handy at tax time. I keep a data base of my customers, dealers, business contacts, etc. The list is almost endless as to what you can do with a PalmPilot.

And if I get some down time due to weather or whatever I can even play a game to pass the time. Especially like Hearts, and Billards.

10. My wife just got the m100 Palm. She loves it and has it remind her every time she needs to take her medications/vites. I plan to use one to set up customer database. I like the idea of having a frequently needed parts list too. You can also interface them with other calenders like Yahoo! calender. Some trick stuff here to get us organized. And no doubt the customers are impressed when they see you go into action with it...."O.K. Mr. Jones thats lawn service next Friday at 7:30 am."!