Hand pruners and hand sheers

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by TheKing, Mar 15, 2002.

1. TheKing

TheKing LawnSite Member

Hey folks,
    What would you suggest in the way of a durable hand pruner and hand sheer? I am looking for something that provides and quality and consistent cut. I would apreciate any dirrection towards online ordering of the suggested pruners.

2. LawnLad

LawnLad LawnSite Senior Member

AM Leonard or Gemplers for starters. Do a search for McKenzies Nursery Supply in Madison, Ohio.

We use Felco 2 pruners mostly... a couple varitions here and there. About $30 ish

Hand hedge trimmers and lopers, commercial grade Coronas varying from $45 to $65 depending on size and vendor

Folding hand saw - coronas - about $12 to $14 I think

13" pruning "turbo" saw - corona - about $20 - but I think I'm off.

3. dan deutekom

dan deutekom LawnSite Senior Member

There just isn't anything better then a Felco. Either a 2 or a 5 or if you want luxery a 7 with the rotating hand grip:D

4. diginahole

diginahole LawnSite Member

Yet another vote for Felco here.... there isn't anything comparable. I like #2

5. hollywood

hollywood LawnSite Member

Felco 2 and 5 should be standard equipment for any pruning job. saw a felco leather scabbard that had a place for pruners and then a place for a folding or utility knife. pretty sweet.
    WolfGarten make some impress folding and hand and pole saws.

6. tramahor

tramahor LawnSite Member

I have never heard of Felco in Sacramento, but I only use Corona, they have served me well.

7. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

I buy the cheapest felco I can find because I tend to lose them alot. Just something for you to think about. Harvestman

8. I've got a pair from Corona that have held up very well.

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

AM Leonard has got just about everything you would want...cept employees!

10. TheKing

TheKing LawnSite Member

:) Thanks for all the info guys,,,I have used corona hand pruners in the past,,,but have been a little unhappy with them,,,spring comes off or hasp bends.
    I will try and locate a felco,,hadnt heard of them,,,have not seen them in my area though I have not hunted high and low,,maybe I will check out some nurseries.:alien: