1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hand pruners

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by coolbrze, Aug 10, 2009.

1. coolbrze

coolbrze LawnSite Member

Looking at buying another set of hand pruners, what are the best quality hand pruners for commercial work that you recommend?
  2. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I have used and bought for my guys everything from the cheapest $7 HD Bronco pruners to the $90 Felco with the ergonomic rotating handle and different spring selections sized for your hand. The guys always come back to the 3/4 " cut Corona here is a link http://www.gemplers.com/product/C316/Corona-Commercial-grade-Pruner Bulletproof.
  3. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I got a pruner stihl for 13 bucks earlier this year after breaking my 3rd set of $hity pruners, and all I can say is WOW, these are the best pruners ever and are worth it by far
  4. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i just use cheap lowes pruners. they work fine
  6. modedicebox

modedicebox LawnSite Senior Member

My guy and I use these almost everyday and love them! Bulletproof for sure.
  7. Gold Star Lawns

Gold Star Lawns LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

felco in my opinion is the best.....felco classic #2....will never buy anything different. I also carry the #13 pruner/lopper and #20...short handed lopper. I use these every single day. I will probably get the big loppers before its said and done. Nothing compares to them. I have had the Corona and personally dislike them. The piece that holds the pruners closed always breaks and gets in the way as well.
  8. RedMaple Lawns

RedMaple Lawns LawnSite Member

I use Corona and for the price can't complain. The lock does get a little annoying but at least I'm not having to close the blades all the time. They make good tree saws also. Say, $30-40 for the pruners though? Not a bad deal.
  9. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't discount Fiskars brand pruners, shears, and loppers. They are all excellent and come with lifetime warranties.

I don't know if commercial use is supposed to be covered but I have not had to purchase another set since buying these. When they break, I take the back to HD or Lowes and get a brand new set to replace the one that broke.
  10. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

Felco's all the way.