Hand Raking Rates?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kooba, Apr 20, 2007.

1. kooba

kooba LawnSite Member

I have a lady that wants her yard Raked. Yes Raked. No machines. What are your rates per hr? There will be two of us raking her yard. Its a little less than 1/2 ac. I don't care to rake it by hand but we are just starting out the business and have bills to pay. Thanks for all the help. kooba.
  2. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

We use to do $2-$5 a bag..30 gallon..
  3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

RAKE is a four letter word!!!!!!

I have had customers and neighbors ask me to rake their lawn, man that is a job.
    It is hard work and I would charge for it accordingly...

Now I tell them that I have commerecial blowers and a vacum on my mower and do it in way less time.
    Don,t sell yoruself short on estimating how long it will take. Do the job by the hour. I would not even consider raking but if they insist, I think I would be at 45 per man per hour. (2 men 90.00 hr.)
  4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Spending time raking a lawn, unless you have a couple days of the week to fill, is opportunity cost. If I'm raking a lawn when I could be cutting grass for $55 per hour, then my rate for raking is $55 per hour. If you're just looking to fill a couple days a week, I'd say between $30-40 per hour is reasonable.
  5. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

45 per man hour is a good price for this type of job. GL
  6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Would there be anyone in America that would pay two guys $90 per hour to rake their yard:hammerhead:
  7. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

There is if they want it done bad enough. They could give me $200 and I still would not do it. Don't have time to mess around with a rake.
  8. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

Agreed. No way - they could either get a kid to do it or call the unemployment office and get it done for a little over minimum wage, and the cost of a rake.

You could do that and not do any raking. Just charge something like $15/20 hour.