hand tools

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by dgram8, Jan 23, 2004.

1. dgram8

dgram8 LawnSite Member

any suggestions on brand of hand tools (clippers,scissors pruners etc.) and where to get them
  2. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I've used Corona and Fiskars and haven't had any problems with them. You can find them at Home Depot or Lowe's. Lots of garden centers will have them.
  3. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

What are you going to be using them on? I use Felco pruners. Found them the cheapest at AM leonard on-line. I have some fisker loppers and found them at Sam's Club, believe it or not. Whatever you buy, buy the heavier duty stuff that will last. The cheapo stuff will wear out and you will spend more replacing it instead of just spending a little more and getting the good stuff.
  4. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Fiskars. But I do not buy tem at Home Depot or Lowes, as these tools at the stores like Home Depot tend to be "homeowner grade" not commercial grade. If you use a tool enough you can tell the difference. There are many catalogs and on-line sources to buy the tools from.
  5. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

:) I only use Fiskers for pruning average size shurbs,and trees......Marks Mowing Service.......If im just trimming i use Redmax trimmers.
  6. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Felco's all the way.
  7. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I use a combination of Corona and Fiskars. I like the Corona 26" Anvil Loppers for heavy pruning. Fiskars Bypass Prunners are excellent for hand prunning. Home Depot, Lowes, and most Lawn and Garden dealers that sell commercial mowing equipment carry both brands.

TREEGODFATHER LawnSite Member

Felco for hand-pruners & loppers

Fanno #1311 or Silky Zubat for pruning saw.

That's my favorite combos.
  9. sgreanbean

sgreanbean LawnSite Member
    from cal

Buy what you can afford to replace, hand tools get lost or stolen very easy.
  10. capescaper

capescaper LawnSite Member