Hand written estimate or printed on computer?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CNYScapes, Mar 15, 2006.

?

Do you give hand written estimates or computer printed estimates?

1. Hand written at time of estimate.

15 vote(s)
    34.1%
  2. Printed on laptop at time of estimate.

12 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Printed on home computer and mailed to customer.

17 vote(s)
    38.6%
  1. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

So which do you give?

2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I usually print at home a predesigned est. then fill in the price on the spot.

3. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

You didn't have a spot for "Both" so I chise what I normally do. I write it out on a two part memo pad I picked up from staples. It's on a coil binder so it makes a great book to refer back to. If it's a current customer and they call me up on the phone and want a specific estimate for work, then I do it on the computer and send it to them.

4. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Same here......

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

My hand writing is so bad, I always use the computer. I have both a home pc and a laptop but I almost always come home and use the home pc then mail it out the next day.Another reason for the pc is so that I have a back up of EXACTLY what I sent the customer so there are no difference in what we have agreed upon.

wayne

6. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

None of the above..I do it on the computer and e-mail it in a file to my potential customer or I hand deliver with an appointment made with the client to do so..sometimes I will drop it off..I never mail my estimates

7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Ive done that also Sheshovel. Kind of depends on the customer, some are fine with it mailed and then some you need to come back to the customer with it i hand. I dont know, maybe its like trying to sell it to customer. Usually I ask the customer if they would like for me to mail the estimate to them or would they like for me to drop it by their home.

wayne

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Landscape estimates are printed at home and delivered to perspective client in person, all other service estimates are hand written and given or left at property.

9. CNYScapes

edit-hit it twice

10. CNYScapes

That would be a handwritten estimate.