Handheld blower recommendation?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by mike62, Apr 28, 2005.

1. mike62

mike62 LawnSite Member

Hey guys I am not a pro but would like to replace my older handheld blower with another handheld. Who and which model do you recommend for weight, power, noise, etc? Thanks.

2. thoakes3

thoakes3 LawnSite Member

I just bought an Echo handheld and i've really enjoyed it. but it DOES get heavy after a few minutes. It's pretty powerful. I've noticed some guys with the Redmax blowers, but I haven't used them.

3. 2tall

2tall LawnSite Member

I would have to go with Thoakes3 on the recommendation of Echo. I have a PB 24ln and wouldn't trade it for anything. I bought a Shin. as a backup and it weighs a ton and is also very tiring on the arms when you need to do a sweeping back and forth motion over most areas.

4. Cleanmaxx Brian

Cleanmaxx Brian LawnSite Member

I asked this very question in the home owners section. Now let me ask the pro's...I am looking at the Echo PB200....this is Echo's entry level blower (read, cheapest). Do you think it is a "bad" machine? Home Depot has it for $159 and that seems pretty fair if it is a reliable machine... :waving:

5. mike62

mike62 LawnSite Member

Echo really? I have looked at them and seem pretty well made. Also been looking at the Stihl's.

6. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the echo from home depot , I call it old faithful very very reliable

7. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

i like my stihl

8. GripB

GripB LawnSite Member

9. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Echo PB210 is a good machine. I had a Deere knock off of the PB200 was a good little blower for around the house but not really built for everyday type use. A good weekender product. 200 will be fine if you're only using it lightly. Enjoy.

10. Cleanmaxx Brian

Cleanmaxx Brian LawnSite Member

Sounds like the PB200 would be perfect for me then! Thanks all :waving: