handheld blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1stclasslawns, Apr 18, 2000.

1. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I prefer Echo, PB210E.They fit my hand the best and are ballanced well.Any brand with a round housing is harder to use because you have to hold it away from your body.

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I am not a big fan of hand helds, but I had a Toro in 1992 that was pretty decent. Robin was making them at that time, I don't even know if Robin has one now, if so they would be difficult to find here.<p>

3. VWBug61083

VWBug61083 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I have an Echo 2100, which I think is a very good blower. Sure, it's not that comfortable,<br>but if it's just to be used every once in a while for less than a minute at a time, who cares if it's uncomfortable.

4. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

i have found that the only place even worth using a handheld is in trailer parks because blowing off in the carport there isnt much room with a big ol lincoln in there, i swear some of these retired people down here have trailers smaller than there cars<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida

5. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to use (still have) the Homelite, but went to the Tanaka. Actually use all Tanaka for handheld equipment. Blower, line trimmer, edger and hedge trimmer. They are light, powerful and not too loud. Not to mention their color scheme goes well with my Scags!

6. Prime Seasons

Prime Seasons LawnSite Member

First starting out, I bought a John Deere 2BV. It was my primary blower for 2 seasons and it never failed me. <p>Now a little wiser (?) I use BR400 backpack and Little Wonder on wheels. These days, the 2BV just sits there waiting to be used as a backup.