Handheld Setup

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by freshprince94, Apr 27, 2008.

1. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Which set-up would you recommend?

Echo: SRM-265, PE-265, PB-620, SHC-212
    Stihl: FS 90, FC 95, BR-420, HL-100
    Homelite: Just kidding.

But seriously, which set-up would you recommend?

2. freshprince94

bump bump bump

3. MortonLawn

MortonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

You really can't go wrong with Echo. I would change the blower and hedge trimmer to the pb-755t and the shc-210 and you'll be set.:cool2:

4. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Go with Stihl.

5. freshprince94

Morton Lawn:

I don't need a PB-755. I am only blowing grass but want a BP model.

Lazer Z:

I don't need the BR-600. But, I will consider the other selections you recommended, given they are in my price range.

6. Lazer_Z

from NJ

Well, Since it's just grass the 420 should serve you just fine, I'm in Jersey so I have the BR600 for normal blowing plus for the leaves of fall. You are in FL so, yeah the 420 should serve you fine. I would really consider the FC110, as you guys deal with some tough grasses, it has a good amount of power. If your budget would allow, look into a Kombi unit, possibly the KM130 you can get a ton of attachments for it including a straight shaft edger.

7. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

Red Max.......

8. freshprince94

That's what I thought about the 420 as well. It is the thing to have among LCOs in FL, everyone running Stihl uses them.

I really would like the FC 110 but it lists at close to $500. That is negative to me.

Anyone with comments on the Echo stuff? I am an Echo man myself but am thinking about other options. I want to be able to go to one dealer for everything, and with Echo I can't do that. When I buy my bigger mower, my dealer has all the brands I want, eXmark, Stihl, Dixie Chopper, and I think Toro.

Anyone here that dosen't like Stihl?

9. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Have you read all the posts lately? I suggest you spent a lot of time reading all the posts. Don't just listen to any particular person here, just read all the posts regarding to Stihl and Echo and there are poll on reliability lately too.

You really have to read. That is the best advice.

Having said that, I think Echo is one of the most reliable brand......BUT, I am just a home owner that don't even own any Stihl and won't know how to interpreted all the complains other people posted.:waving:

Read!!!! The answer is out there!!!!!

10. Lazer_Z

from NJ

Yep it is and it's STIHL!

Hey, prince, have you given thought to the FC95? it's a little guy at 28.4cc's or if you want the power of the 110 in curved shaft form Stihl has an FC100.