Handheld vs Backpack blower for grass clippings during cutting season

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, Mar 12, 2002.

?

Would you prefer a backpack blower or a handheld blower during cutting season?

  1. Backpack Blower

    9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. Handheld blower

    4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. joed

    joed LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,168

    Everyone will agree that backpack and walk behind blowers are the best tools to use during spring and fall clean ups. However, I wanted to start a discussion regarding whether a hand held blower is a better tool to use over a back pack blower during regular cutting season (i.e. just to blow off any clippings). After you've filled out the poll, let me know your opinion.
    Thanks
     
  2. rodfather

    rodfather LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 9,501

    There's no comparison in performance. Backpacks are much more powerful, thus you can the job finished quicker and on to the next job. More jobs = More money.
     
  3. dfor

    dfor LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 824

    I use the backpack unless it is a real small walkway or driveway. Time is money.
     
  4. LawnLad

    LawnLad LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 738

    I bought a hand held blower oh way back when to clean fertilizer off of sidewalks/drives etc. I think we still have it... but not sure. Go with back packs... they're more powerful and more efficient.
     
  5. mdb landscaping

    mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,205

    No question, use the back pack. Way more powerful, and easier to walk around with in my opinion.
     
  6. Shady Brook

    Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana
    Posts: 1,517

    What everyone else said! Backpack all the way.

    Jay
     
  7. PRECISION LC

    PRECISION LC LawnSite Member
    Posts: 145

    i have used both receantly, and i agree with the above. Backpack is much more powerful, it moves the grass fast and blows it around more. i think you walk less with a backpack.
     
  8. PRECISION LC

    PRECISION LC LawnSite Member
    Posts: 145

    i have used both receantly, and i agree with the above. Backpack is much more powerful, it moves the grass fast and blows it around more. i think you walk less with a backpack.
     
  9. LAWNS AND MOWER

    LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,129

    I use a backpack about 85% of the time. The other 15% I use a handheld just because there's only about 10 seconds worth of blowing and it's easier than strapping on the backpack.

    LAWNS AND MOWER
     

Share This Page