Handheld vs Backpack blower for grass clippings during cutting season

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, Mar 12, 2002.

?

Would you prefer a backpack blower or a handheld blower during cutting season?

1. Backpack Blower

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. Handheld blower

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Everyone will agree that backpack and walk behind blowers are the best tools to use during spring and fall clean ups. However, I wanted to start a discussion regarding whether a hand held blower is a better tool to use over a back pack blower during regular cutting season (i.e. just to blow off any clippings). After you've filled out the poll, let me know your opinion.
    Thanks

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

There's no comparison in performance. Backpacks are much more powerful, thus you can the job finished quicker and on to the next job. More jobs = More money.

3. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I use the backpack unless it is a real small walkway or driveway. Time is money.

4. LawnLad

LawnLad LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a hand held blower oh way back when to clean fertilizer off of sidewalks/drives etc. I think we still have it... but not sure. Go with back packs... they're more powerful and more efficient.

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

No question, use the back pack. Way more powerful, and easier to walk around with in my opinion.

6. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

What everyone else said! Backpack all the way.

Jay

7. PRECISION LC

PRECISION LC LawnSite Member

i have used both receantly, and i agree with the above. Backpack is much more powerful, it moves the grass fast and blows it around more. i think you walk less with a backpack.

8. PRECISION LC

PRECISION LC LawnSite Member

i have used both receantly, and i agree with the above. Backpack is much more powerful, it moves the grass fast and blows it around more. i think you walk less with a backpack.

9. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I use a backpack about 85% of the time. The other 15% I use a handheld just because there's only about 10 seconds worth of blowing and it's easier than strapping on the backpack.

LAWNS AND MOWER