Handhelds

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Schrock Lawns, Mar 31, 2013.

1. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

echo is famous for dodging warrenty claims. i once saw a claim denied on a hedge trimmer with a seized gearcase bearing. echo claimed lack of grease-well the bearing is sealed and not even in the gearcase itsself where grease gets to it-was on the clutch drum!

2. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Bragging up 10+ yr old trimmers does no good for a guy wanting to buy a new trimmer...especially when we all read how the more current models are less dependable.

3. WillsLandscape

WillsLandscape LawnSite Member

You do have a point there, but I wanted to let this fellow know that I've had good luck with Echos and that he probably would too. And I wasn't trying to come off as a bragger about my machines either.

4. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I got every thing brand new this year all 6 are so far is Husqvarna .
    Every time I was adding some thing new I did my research. What was the best or biggest or fast or do the best job. Every time it was
    Husqvarna

MZ6128ZT Zero turn

LGT2654 Tractor

580BTS Blower

HU800AWD Mower

224L Trimmer

450 Chainsaw

266 Chainsaw 1981 still runs good

5. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Yes sir, I should have chosen my words a bit better. We all wish HH were built like they were 10 yrs ago. Still guessing there's some good ones out there...but we won't know for 10 more years...?!! :waving:

6. WillsLandscape

WillsLandscape LawnSite Member

I think we all wish they were built as good as they used to be. At least we have some brands that are still good.

What I just realized was that Snapper, like after 50 years, redesigned their classic RER mowers. They're supposed to be better with getting on and off, and to engage the blades you don't have to pull back a lever and engage a pedal (ooh ooh!). Like I said, they're supposed to be better, but when the new 33'' shift-on-the-go is literally $400 less than the old design, I'm kinda skeptical. Plus, the old 33'' had a 17 HP B&S. Now all they have is 12.5 HP B&S for the shift-on-the-go. Sigh

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  7. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

The real question is what is a brand that is not going to start going away and has an ever increasing number of dealers? What brand am I not going to have to worry about lasting the longest, has the most torque, is it still legal to use in my area.

Get ahead in the industry and your competitors.

http://www.landscaperpro.com/coregaslessequipment.aspx

Questions? Call me.

Thanks,
    Blake
    Landscaper Pro

8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i wish i had a maruyama dealer -love the stuff.

9. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

husqvarna is the best in my opinion.

i use the 4 stroke edger/trimmer 324ldx and it has the honda 25cc engine.

still using my honda trimmer with the same 25cc engine. it's over 10 years old now.

i have a stihl br600 but the next blower i'm gonna get is the husqvarna 580bts.

10. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Husqvarna 580bts is the way to go if you need the best.:drinkup: