1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by redoak77, Aug 14, 2004.

1. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone else out there in lawn land use a PDA (Handheld computer) for there work. I have a Palm m130 and could not run my biz with out it. Also, does anyone know of lawn software for the palm or Pocket PC?
  2. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

I dont use one yet but my wife keeps after me about using her old Palm pda. I guess I will try it out a little later when things slow down so I have a little time to get used to it.
  3. Mower63

Mower63 LawnSite Member

I've used Palms for years in another industry. Now I'm getting into the LCO biz and looking at getting a Blackberry. You might want to check it out as an alternate. You can even link to the web and handle you're e-mail. I like it better than the palm since it has all the keys and you don't have to learn that funky palm writing.

In any case, I wonder how much you can one-up the competition and give better customer service by making sure you're organized....I bet a lot!

4. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

I never thought about a blackberry. Arent they pretty expensive though?
  5. Why would you want to make your life more difficult jumping more hoops?

I use a pda solely to keep on hand my appointments, things to do and customer contacts.

I know of specialized software for programming timers for irrigation, i know of specialized software for paver installers.... I see a need for that but just for cutting lawns, Why do you want to make it more complicated?

6. redoak77

I think it would be beneficial if i could connect something like clip to my palm. Right now im dont using any software and all record keeping is done on my palm. Just the way i do it.
  7. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I am using QExpress with the pda link. Absoutley great. It makes it eazy

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Nicely put. You can spend a lot of your hard earned money on gadgets that you don't need. If you are solo or very small, this stuff is really overkill.
  9. redoak77

what is QExpress?