Handing out Flyers in 25 degree weather

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Indysfinestlawnservice, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Indysfinestlawnservice

Indysfinestlawnservice LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I can't get out of the house to hand out flyers because it's freakin freezing here.Anyone else having these issues?

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

please, back in my day we used to walk uphill in the snow 2 miles do deliver 1 doorhanger. then another 2 miles uphill in an ice storm to do 3 more!

3. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I plan to start going at it heavily around March 5 or so. When it's this cold your proabably not going to get enough calls to make it worth your time IMO. Do something else constructive for the business at this time. We're supposed to get a snow storm Thursday night.

Do you have a lot of competition in Indy?

4. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

You forgot uphill both ways ,no shoes,wish sandwich for lunch,in a blizzard when its 40 below:)Oh wait a minute I thought that was my dad talking about going to school
    Nevermind

5. Raven386

from CT

sandwich! we didnt have food! -60 sometimes! snow up to our noses! that was just handing out flyers, school.. you dont even want to know!

- yea im going to wait a while before i start advertising. im starting to get calls here and there. but people aren't thinking spring yet.

6. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I've gone on about 5 estimates from last years referrals and I've closed on two of them so I have a good feeling about this year.

7. Indysfinestlawnservice

from Indiana

ive been mailing letters to residential prospects, We are just starting out so I'd like the weather to break so I could get started.:walking:

8. Raven386

from CT

dont rush it! i want snow dangit! I think over in the northeast we still have 1 more big one coming for us before winter is really over...

9. Indysfinestlawnservice

from Indiana

We'll there are alot of guys in Indianapolis doing lawns.But There is plenty of grass to go around

10. Raven386

from CT

I got all my letters ready to mail out to my existing customers. gonna hold off a while to start sending out other letters. wait till it warms up a little bit more.