Handles Question

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Kelly's Landscaping, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Are the piston grips still and option on new exmark mowers or is the only choice now the ECS? Now before you try to sell me on the benfits of ECS I happen to have them on my 48 metro and would like to have them replaced this season I hated them that much. I ask this because I want a hyrdo WB this season along with the ZTR list and would like to know ahead of time before I go to the dealer.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Kelly's Landscaping,

We only offer a very limited selection of pistol grips at this time due to the overwhelming success of the ECS controls. Right now we are building a 36" and 48" fixed deck gear drive with pistol grips but no hydros.

We did have a limited run of 20 hp Kohler powered Turf Tracers with pistol grips as well. You may want to contact your local dealer and find out if this is a unit he stocked this year.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thanks,

Terry

3. Kelly's Landscaping

Ok ill ask my dealer the one you set me up with is having an open house on the 28th if I need to I ask you for some help locating the mower. Last year i read you could have the handles converted back for like 600 dollars is that realy an option as I may still opt to do it on my other mower?

4. Kelly's Landscaping

Ok I met with my new dealer today and luckily for me you do offer the piston grips on the model I want but at the cost of the larger motor. I understand your wishing to push your new handles but keep the old-timers in mine and don’t remove the option to have an alternative such as the pistons that should be an option for all the WBs not saying you need to make them in mass infact I would probably not produce them at all unless you got an order for one. Then by all means give the customer what they ask for I know I will be buying the turf tracer as my WB this year and I am concerned that next year or the year after when I want another you will tell me sorry we no longer want to make you happy so we removed your options. Not saying you will but its rather clear you’re headed in that direction with the limited engine choices I have.

Its kind of like Red Max and Shindawa they both make great back packs but until they get it through their heads to give me the option of a trigger finger on the tube they are going to miss out on my business and why I only bought 4 back packs last year that’s 4 sales they lost.

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Kelly's,

I can't predict the future of the pistol grips but it looks pretty grim for some models. It really comes down to market demand. If the market is asking for pistol grips in quantities that can keep the price in line with the ECS they have a chance. If not hopefully we'll have other options. Time will tell. I will however pass your thoughts and suggestions along to our product personell.

Thanks,

Terry

6. Lizard

Lizard LawnSite Member

I just changed my turf tracer HP over to ECS. If you want the old pistol grips, I would make you a great deal. Check to see if they would work or email me with other questions. The machine that they are from is about 5 years old. It is a Turf Tracer HP 48 inch deck with a 15 hp KOL.