1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

hands are ruined from wb

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by JJLandscapes, May 24, 2006.

1. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

so my hands are bad enough from lifting weights over the past 5 years but calisus(??) use to never bother me this year my hands are all ****** up from my scag walkbehind i have cuts,scrapes, bubbled up nastiness and i wear gloves....

Is there some sort of cushions that can be bought for the handlebars or any home made devices i wrapped them up with a huge sponge and heavy tape job but its not getting the job done anymore like it did last year

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I keep telling you guys to buy only Toros with T-bars but does anyone listen?

3. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I prefer the T-Bar myself, But I dont get to many days off to visit them. Therfore, I will just continue to use my Scags.
  4. Allen's LS

Allen's LS LawnSite Member

Just a sugguestion. What about using the padded bicycle gloves. That might work. Or what about tapeing your hands like boxers do? (just not as much) Good luck. :drinkup:
  5. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

That sucks! The SCAG wb's I have been behind tear my hands up too! I am an ex golf professional who used to hit 500 practice balls a day. I thought I had caluses on top of caluses until the SCAG's. Honestly after mowing w/ that for a couple weeks, it felt like a had a roll of dimes uder my fingers. I now have Hustler wb's.
  6. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Try a Hustler H-Bar WB