hands tingle

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by humeco, Jan 9, 2002.

1. humeco

humeco LawnSite Member

I've only been back in the business for about 6 months, but I have found that I have a real bad tingling sensation in both of my hands. I know I'm no spring chicken at 52 but I can still work my butt off and have never had this problem before. I'm sure it is from the vibrations of the equipment but is there anything that will help??
  2. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the same problem. Dont feel old Im 26 and it happens to me too. They sell anti vibration gloves that have gel pockets to absorb some of the vibration. You might be able to get them at landscapersupply.com. I am in the market for a good pair myself. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best place to get them?
  3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

maybe you should get a pair of mechanix gloves. dont know if that will solve your problem though, but those are really good gloves.
  4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Some equipment vibrates more than other along with all of your lifes experience from other types of work will get you a tingling. Make sure you get the gloves and all your equipment has padding but if you are predisposed to this then there aint much that will stop it short of having a helper do the work.

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

I have the same thing from time to time. And here's what worked for me. Buy a bottle of flax seed oil. Make sure it is the refrigerated type. Take 2-4 teaspoons a day and it will be gone. It took me about 10 days for it to stop. It came back 2 months later, so I did it again. It worked again. Good luck.
  6. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

You should be able to find anti-vib gloves at grainger,or a local construction supply store.Most guys who run jack hammers get them.I used them whenever I used a air hammer.:)
  7. Get used to it.

It will pass in time.
  8. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I say it gets worse in time. The older I get the more I tingle. Its blood cercilelation, my hands go to sleep it I hold the handles very long.

9. chicks-dig-lawn-guys

chicks-dig-lawn-guys LawnSite Member

Not only do I get tingling but I also get the shakes in my hands. Almost like I have a slight case of Parkinsons. Really sucks when I am trying to write after I do a yard and my hands are shaking
  10. I hate to freak you out but you might want to get checked for diabetes, specialy you chics dig.

Gene, I agree with you on the blood, but mine usualy only last a week or so when I get back out mowing on a WB, but only on a WB.