Handspring or palm users

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bridges, Feb 8, 2001.

1. bridges

bridges LawnSite Member
    from RI

I'm looking to get a handspring or palm. I want to use it with lm and i see other software that looks pretty good too that i would like to put on there. Would i be ok with 2mg or 8mg?

Thanks Tony

2. bridges

bridges LawnSite Member
    from RI

Oh how do you guys deal with writing notes on there?

3. tazman

tazman LawnSite Member

Go with 8mb. Plenty of memory and it would take awhile to use the memory all up. I bought a Palm IIIxe new on Ebay and really like it. Slowly intergrating it into my business.

4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Tony,

I'm looking at them for LM2001 also. I think I will be getting the Handspring, it has a lot of options and accs. Getting the 8MB model.

5. turfguy

turfguy LawnSite Member

I HAVE A JORNADA 680. THIS HAS A BUILT IN FULL KEYBOARD AND A 56K MODEM. I LOVE IT YEA A PALMPILOT IS SEXY BUT IT IS MUCH MUCH NICER TO HAVE THAT KEYBOARD. ACCOUNTS,DIRECTIONS,PHONE LISTS,ALL RIGHT ON THE FRONT SEAT OF MY TRUCK. A REGULAR VIRTUAL OFFICE..........WAIT A MINUTE ...THATS WHAT I AM ALWAYS TRYING TO GET OUT OF. GET THE JORNADA......MUCH MORE VERSITILE

KEEP MOWIN, BE HAPPY

6. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

He was inquiring about the Palm or HandSpring for Lawn Monkey routing, it's not compatable with Windows CE.

7. turfguy

turfguy LawnSite Member

sorry......cant see the lawn thru the egg on my face

8. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

bridges
    I have the palm 3xe 8 mb memory. When I started to find info about the palm pilots I talked to lawn monkey customer service and they told me that their software is designed to work with the 2 mb memory pilot. I purchased the 8 mb pilot because I can store a lot more stuff on it.If you have any questions about lawn monkey software just call their customer service they are very happy to help you,great cust. service,I wish all the dealers, vendors,suppliers had customer service like that!

[Edited by mow money on 02-09-2001 at 01:03 PM]

9. Jet boater

Jet boater LawnSite Member

8 mb!!!

I have 4 mb on a Palm IIIx and wish I had more.

You start getting into any database software or mapping software it starts chewing up memory fast.

If I had to buy over again, I'd buy a Handspring product. They have a very nice system for addon modules.

10. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

casio 8meg, 16 meg storage card, works better than my laptop.