1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Handy Items

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Infinite, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Infinite

Infinite LawnSite Member

Are there any handy items that you have that help you get through the day? My boss last year bought us these things that look like a head sweat band but you dip them in water and they stay cool and retain the water, that keeps you cool. Also, does anybody have a cd player w/ headphones that are noise resistance? I'd like to get a pair of them if anyone knows where?
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

18v Milwalkee cordless impact. Takes blades off and on in seconds.
  3. mastercare

mastercare LawnSite Senior Member

Peltor Work Tunes....hearing protection w/radio. Without music you start singing to yourself by Wednesday!

First Aid kit isn't a bad idea either. I have a insect bite stick that's basically a local anesthetic. I gut stung 5 times last year by bees. I don't get bad reactions, but the anesthetic makes it go away a lot quicker.
  4. lawn perfection

lawn perfection LawnSite Senior Member

65 Hoss is correct. The cordless impact is the best gadget i picked up this year.
  5. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah then you think your sound just like the artist but only know a few words of the song and repeat them constantly..... I'll be getting Peltors this year.
  6. Infinite

Infinite LawnSite Member

I wonder if there are any type of heaphones that would hook up to a cd player that doesn't skip and protects from the noise of the mower.
  7. The Dude

The Dude LawnSite Member

I always bring condoms. You never know...
  8. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

MP3-player. Get those small earplugs headphones and put your earpuffs over them. Works great. I have a Palmone and I use it for customers info. and also for my downloaded music.(MP3) I just put it next to me on my ZTR and go!!!
  9. nt1

nt1 LawnSite Senior Member

A couple of canvass bags hooked to the mowers for trash & small debri.
  10. lovdasnow

lovdasnow LawnSite Member

I use a mp3 player(super small, never skips, can load books, tons of music, everything) you feel a little more productive after working all day and listening to rich dad poor dad 3 times. Books, make the day go by fast. an mp3 player with radio would be the best.
    I don't like wearing ear muffs(too warm) prefer plugs. So Sony had earbud phones, that are like ear plugs with huge sound! Mod # MDR-Ex71sl. do a search on ebay $30-40..
    theres my .2Cents
    have a good one.jon