hanging a weedeater

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Randocammando, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Randocammando

Randocammando LawnSite Member

whats the best way to store or hang a curved weedeater in shed

2. WirelessG

WirelessG LawnSite Member
    from MS

If you have some way to attached to the shed wall, Lowes has a hanging bracket for weedeaters.

3. LKCLawnService

LKCLawnService LawnSite Member

I have even used some old bike hooks and put them in the wall . Worked pretty darn good

4. Randocammando

do i have to hang it horizontal or can i hang it vertical

5. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

Vertically is fine, as stated go to lowes and for $10 they have a bracket in their garage section that you can mount and hang it on. I've stored mine like this for over 10 years without issue.

6. WirelessG

WirelessG LawnSite Member
    from MS

7. Randocammando

Cool thanks guys ill swing by tonight and get one just tired of kicking it on th ground

8. Martino

Martino LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

You should store trimmers horizontally. The grease inside of the tube that lubricates the drive cable can run down to the low end, over time, if stored vertically.

Also, make sure that the gas cap is facing upward when storing. Some brands vent the gas tank through the cap and you could leak fuel mix.

9. Randocammando

Also, make sure that the gas cap is facing upward when storing. Some brands vent the gas tank through the cap and you could leak fuel mix.

wonder if thats why i start it the gas starts flying everywhere and the cap is tight i sent it out to get fix cpl weeks again get it back on the 4th we shall see if they fix it lol i forgot about that

10. eatonpcat

eatonpcat LawnSite Bronze Member

I hang mine vertical from it's head... No leaking. Hook similar to above.