hankster

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Hroesemann, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Hroesemann

Hroesemann LawnSite Member

New member and also new operator. Lots of seat time on lawn tractors but just bought new zturn.I have about 1 hour in the seat, trying to get familiar with the controls. How long will it take before I can cut in a straight line (no kidding).:)

2. gardener

gardener LawnSite Member

you will have no problems mastering the controls of your zero trun mower, the straight line may take a few trys. you have to focus beyond the area your mowing, just look ahead - focus on any item where you want to end your straight line and behold, you will have a straight line. just keep your mind off your left and right hand, focus ahead and you will automatically make those small adjustments as you move along.

3. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

Very steep learning curve with the z.You will be able to do the straight line thing in no time. The problem I seemed to have was with the manuverability Id back into stuff and break it so keep that in mind.

4. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with gardener. Keep yourself focused on an object ahead of you, and you will almost subconscoiusly make the necessary corrections to keep a straight cut. A few hours in the seat, and you will master it and driving it will be like riding a bike.