Hannay Hose Reel

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Hogjaw, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Hogjaw

Hogjaw LawnSite Senior Member

Have Lesco 200 gal space saver, removed grease zert & small balls fell out....took them to be ball bearings........bad....any one know how many there are & where I can buy?

2. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

sounds like the swivel is going bad is that where the zert was??????????????

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Hog,
    sounds like you need a new swivel--whoops. I think there are about 17 or maybe nineteen little steel balls under the grease zert--or were. Try this link to buy bearings.
    http://www.astbearings.com/p-brng-dw.php

On the other hand, the swivel will probably work OK even if a few balls are missing. How many did you lose? Silly question--if they are lost, how would you know? When they are covered with grease they are hard to get out of the opening. Use a small magnet.

If it is old and maybe worn out, just replace the swivel--if not call Hannay and see if they can point you in the right direction. I am not sure what company makes the swivels. And maybe you could get an alternative swivel that was cheaper--the plastic type, maybe. Maybe Lesco would have one.

Good luck Hogjaw. You won't forget this lesson. Hey, experience is the best teacher--but she is a beach.

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

5. sprayboy

sprayboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

6. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Hi Hogjaw. All we run are Hannay reels. The stainless steel swivels are so well built that we seldom are able to grease them until they are a few years old (if that). These swivels are perhaps overkill as we have never even had to replace one -- our oldest swivel = 1990 and works like new and still will not take grease. I have a new one (1/2 inch) if you want it. Cost: $40 + shipping (cheap). PM if you are interested. Otherwise Westheffer is a fine choice. Take care, americanlawn.

7. americanlawn

from midwest

p.s. I just remembered........the instructions suggest that you support the swivel so as to prevent it (and the hose) from wobbling around. Maybe that's why your's shelled out?:waving:

8. Hogjaw

Hogjaw LawnSite Senior Member

All,

We were able to grease swivel for at the most 2 to 3 months, then bam........can't grease anymore & haven for 2 years. New unit we bought back in early summer.......can't grease.

Thanks for responses!

9. americanlawn

from midwest

Can't grease 'em --- same here. Seems these swivels are so well built that it scares me. They don't take grease cuz they are built so tight and are industrial strength. I just wish other lawn/tree care products were built "Ford Tough". (we run GMC & Chevy 2500 HD's):waving:

10. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

try this http://www.dultmeier.com/search.asp and they ship fast. get the whole thing new for $36. i buy just about everything i can from them, nobody that i have found can beat their price, 98% of the time.