1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Happened again

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dcgreenspro, May 20, 2008.

1. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

So I am selling my Deere because of the techs at my dealer. Love the dealer, hate the techs. Anyway, I was calling my dealer I bought my scag from to find out the if they could fix my new striping kit (lost bolt on second lawn and was dragged 20 feet and both of the connecting arms are now bent) and give me dimensions for the blade so I am not paying out the ass for some high lifts. Guy puts me on hold for 10 minutes and then tells me to call back in an hour because he doesn't know either answer. Call back and I get the run around again.
    Call another dealer who is busy and says he will call right back. He calls back when I am picking my daughter up from daycare and speaks with my wife. He tells my wife that since you DIDN"T BUY THE MOWER FROM ME, WHY SHOULD I HELP YOU.
    I get home and she tells me and I am utterly speechless. All this from the Scag Gold Dealer. I get him on the phone and tell him that I tried to buy a mower from him but the other dealer had the same mower for 2 grand less. I then ask him to stop being a child and if he doesn't want my business, that's fine but I can now see why he ain't selling that many mowers with that sh%^ attitude.
    He eventually breaks and begins to work with me and come to find out that the dealer I bought the mower from gave me the blades for a scag w/ advantage deck not velocity. So, in the end he helped me out and I will probably throw this guy some business but I really don't understand some people's thinking. Like, if a customer called for an estimate, no one would turn them down because they had previously used another LCO????:hammerhead:
    Sorry, had to vent. I am better now.
  2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Your post is so confusing, nothing makes sense. The first statement says you are selling your Deere, but a Deere isn't mentioned anywhere else in the post, only a Scag. Why are you selling your Deere because of problems with the Scag dealer?
  3. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

That is a good point. Sorry it was late and I was still mad. The story was about how I was trying to find out some simple information about some scag parts and I couldn't get an answer from my dealer because he didn't seem to care and another dealer WOULDN'T give me the info because I didn't buy my mower from him. I only mentioned my old problems with Deere's techs and did a poor job of relating them to my local scag dealers.