Happy Anniversary Kitty Cat!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, Dec 12, 2008.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

[​IMG][​IMG]

One year ago, the T190 went out and in came my Cat 247, wowzers, how the year has passed by.

Here's to another year! [​IMG]

2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

How many hours you up to?

3. bobcat_ron

318.3 now, I put more hours on it than I did in one year with the T190 and no premature service calls.

So we celebrated by giving the Kitty Cat a new cutting edge on the old combo bucket, my brother brought his torch along, my Dad bought some new tools for me to use and I bought the new cutting edge for $240 (CHEAP!!)
    Unfortunately, this bucket has gotten beat up by the T190, it was so bent in the middle, I had forgotten why I put teeth on it in the first place, so I will take it to the welder and have him weld shims underneath next year.
    [​IMG]

The middle was fine, but the outer edges.......WOW! :laugh:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I lost a lot of metal over the past 5 years, I don't remember the factory edge sticking out that far!
    [​IMG]

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

did you ever figure out anything to fix/cover up that gigantic dent in the tailgate?

5. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

i thought you bought that machine in november

6. bobcat_ron

Who say I want that dent covered, chicks dig scars. :laugh:

End of November I had just to give it a whirl, by the time the contract people were ready with the paper work and after the bells and whistles I wanted were ready, it was December 10 and the first payment rolled off a day later.

Any regrets you might ask?

Yes.

I should have bought the 257B2 and at least gotten back my ROC and High Flow, but it's a slug.

7. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

how many mpg does the Jetta or Passat diesel get

8. ccstrebe

ccstrebe LawnSite Senior Member

Time flies when your having fun with the best equipment out there.

9. bobcat_ron

That Passat gets crazy kms on a tank, Mom and Dad took it to Prince George, 850 kms from our driveway, did a week of cruising around with the grand kiddies up there and they filled up before they left. They can average 1000 kms on a tank, the old '91 Jetta still gets over 800 kms on a tank, that little turbo diesel is still going strong with 480,000 kms on it, I love beating on it. :laugh:

10. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Top Gear (an absolutely amazing British car show) has now done two separate shows where the diesel cars they've tested have each gone over 600 miles on a tank... an Audi, I think it was, went 800.

And these tanks aren't huge -- it's not 800 miles on a 40 gallon tank -- so I was impressed.