Happy Customer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by whoopassonthebluegrass, May 25, 2008.

1. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Received an email this evening from a new customer of mine. Just thought I'd share b/c these moments are the ones that really make me feel proud about what I do:

Well I would say that my grass is turning green very nicely thanks to you!!! ... So anyways the reason for my e-mail... MY NEIGHBOR'S GRASS!!!!

...[The neighbor] told me that they did hire somebody to come spray their yard and their yard looks like CRAP!!! There are a hundred weeds and there grass is thin and their soil is rock hard. She told me that she fired their old guy... I told her that she needed to have you take care of their yard. Our two yards are 100% different. Mine is turning nice and green with zero weeds, and hers is like a weed garden... So if you would not mind... Can you stop by some time and take another quick look at their yard and just let me know what you think. I will talk to her to see what she wants to do... I think her husband John is kinda embarrassed because he thought that he found a guy for less money and now he is realizing that was a mistake...

I told her that you are the best and if anybody can make their grass green it is you... Let me know what you think...

2. cod8825

cod8825 LawnSite Senior Member

Way to go whoop you should be proud of that response
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Someone's got a door to knock on.

KACYDS LawnSite Senior Member

You always feel GREAT, when you get letters like that. Makes those hot summer days feel better. Referrals are the best form of advertisement. It works for me.
  5. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I think it's weird that your mom sends you emails instead of calling you.:laugh::laugh:
  6. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Lol. I thought you were gonna cut back on your lawnsite time. :laugh:
  7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

8. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

i just almost spit my sam adams on my laptop:laugh::drinkup:
  9. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Nice job dude! We're trying to limit our posts, but I couldn't resist -- it's guys like you that cause the wives to take things into their own hands and cover up the mistakes made by their (well meaning) hubbies.:laugh::usflag:
  10. tlg

tlg LawnSite Senior Member

Happy customers will always be the best for referring new work. Best part is it didn't't cost you a dime. If you do good work they will come. You really have to appreciate a customer that will go out of their way to help you build your business. Don't forget to thank them for it.