happy day yesterday

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Brendan Smith, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

what a wonderful day!! one job turned out to be way more involved (read "took longer") than it appeared at first, then i broke a door glass out of a car with my weedeater when i was literally 6" from being done, then on the way home, one of my magnet signs came off my truck :blob2: :cry: . oh well, maybe today will be ok. at least i can get glass really cheap.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Sucks to be you my friend...last week it was me. :laugh:

3. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

The good news is that you still live near Myrtle Beach:dancing:
    When is rains it pours as they say...what can go wrong will go wrong and at usually the wrong times blah blah blah:rolleyes:

4. Brendan Smith

yeah, but i'm too busy to partake in the festivities. been working 6-7 day weeks for a couple of months now and don't see it slowing down anypayup payup :D

5. Brendan Smith

i feel sorry for the poor fella who gets it next week

6. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

What a wonderful day !!! one job turned out to be way more involved (read"took longer") like over 1 hour on a simple weeding job, 2 gates were locked, magnets are still holding on , maybe tommorow will be worse.:laugh:

7. Brendan Smith

call me when you're buying door glass for 2006 model cars. [​IMG]

8. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks in advance :dizzy:

9. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Ya.............

New air conditioner..........
    New alternator...........
    New alternator............(yes, second vehicle)
    Refilling the wine rack and...........smash...........got that winery smell in the basement...........
    Engine blown on a walk behind..............

And so it goes..............
    I'm going to do this for the next 4 days...........:drinkup: :laugh:

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah that is the problem with magnetic signs, heat (like from the sun) kills magnets, they all come off sooner or later, I must've spent 3-400 on those things before I caught on.

But don't feel too bad, my '98 has a case of bad Tecumseh (the 5-speed tranny), my echo srm-260s is still being fixed (it broke back in march), and the order of parts I put in and paid for 2 years ago (and totally forgot about) finally came in (and it's the wrong parts).
    Meanwhile, we got us an easy but persistent case of clover just about everybody's yard is covered and for some reason the crabgrass is really coming on STRONG this year as well, I can't mix the chems fast enough to keep up.

As you might know, the truck's engine valve lifter that started ticking in May of last year still ticks and the truck transmission which should've failed 10 or 20 thousand miles ago is also still failing. Oh yeah, I got stung by two bees this week, both one day after the other, both on my right hand (one on my middle finger, don't laugh too hard it hurts lol).

Everything else is fine thou, to be truthful I hardly even notice that stuff anymore lol.