Happy First Birthday Lawnsite.com

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eric ELM, Dec 21, 2000.

1. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

[​IMG]
    Today is one year after launching Lawnsite.com and it has become a great site to learn, share, and make friends. You have a big hit here Chuck and I'm proud to be a member and a moderator of this fine site. May this site go on forever.

I hope others have learned as much as me.

2. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Congrats Chuck, Eric , Lazer and all the moderators on the other forums.

I was just thinking that the B-day was coming up soon here, you beat me to the punch. I'm proud to say that I was one of the first members and it's amazing to see how far this site has gone.

Great Job guys, you're all great.. Thanks for giving me a place to hang out and vent :)

3. greenlawncare

greenlawncare LawnSite Member

Thanks guys. It's been nice coming here every night to see what's up. ;)

4. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

It is AWESOME, I look forward to checking in every day!!!Thanks,
    SJR

5. curlawngreen

curlawngreen Banned

I can't belive I "FOUND" this site when you got it going. I have learned and enjoyed from all of the forums.
    CONGRATS.

6. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I had not been "on line" long and then I found this site. Its been a real treat to get on here and shoot the poop with everybody. Great site to get real feedback on real issues. Seems like everybody is in the same boat most of the time so it's a good tool to have. I have met some of you face to face and consider myself fortunate to have made new friends, even though we're miles apart!

Everybody keep up the good work, it's been a pleasure visiting!

Homer

7. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

This site is what is coolsome about the web!!
    It's great feedback from around the country about
    our business. It is hard to get local competition
    to talk about things. I found out about this from
    TURF MAG. Thanks to those who developed and maintain
    this site. I hope you efforts are REWARDED

8. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Happy birthday!!! Now make a wish...what was it??? 1,939 members in your FIRST year!!! That is truly amazing. Great job everyone!

[Edited by Vibe Ray on 12-22-2000 at 02:29 AM]

9. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

WOW, a year already! As Homer said, I've also made friends with a lot of great people on here, and gotten a ton of great info, and hopefully spit some good stuff out myself. I've seen a lot of funny things happen on here, besides the normal antics, there were a few that stuck out:

BENT BLADES

AOL LIKE LAWN SERVICE PLAN - 24Hours, 7 days a week on call for a rate of 21.95!!!

COMMERCIAL 48" vs. MTD 22" - the guy that was anti-commercial sized mowers and swore you couldn't do a good job with them. He blamed the mower for being "out of control" and took out a small tree!

Anyway, its always been fun around here and its the best learning environment I've found on the web!

Thanks Chuck and Eric, and especially all the members that post regualrly - you guys made this forum what it is today!

Many more happy years to come!

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Incidentally, Dave, whenare you coming mome from Bavariaville?